Crushing the winter colds with this Immune Boosting Winter Citrus Smoothie. This layered smoothie is a mix packed with vitamin C and plenty of nutrients like fiber and antioxidants. It will keep your immune system strong and help you to feel your best plus stay energized all day long!
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 small raw red beet, chopped
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cara cara orange, blood orange, or grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- honey to taste (optional)
- In a blender, combine the mango, lemon juice, turmeric, cayenne, ginger, and orange juice. Blend until completely smooth, adding more honey if needed to sweeten. Pour into a tall glass.
- Rinse the blender out. Combine the beets, raspberries, orange, and pomegranate juice. Blend until smooth and creamy, adding more pomegranate juice if needed to reach your desired consistency. Pour over the mango mixture and stir gently to swirl.
- Top with seeds, if desired. Enjoy!