Since cucumbers are one of my favorite vegetables it also leads to a totally non-stressful Greek tzatziki salad. Plus cucumbers are incredibly low in calories!
- 1 ½ Cucumbers shredded
- 1 cup 2% fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt divided
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped mint, optional
- Place shredded cucumber on a towel and gently squeeze out a bit of the excess water.
In a medium bowl, combine the cucumber, yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, dill, and mint, if using.
Chill tzatziki salad until ready to use.