Sometimes you want the benefits of a smoothie, with a little more stick-to-your-ribs heft. Because of the carb and protein content, try this recipe to refuel after an hour-plus moderate- to high-intensity workout. Stirring a green smoothie into rolled oats gives you filling combo that wows with its green hue.
- 3/4 cup (180ml) skim milk
- 1 medium banana
- 2 cups (56g) fresh spinach
- 1 scoop plain pea protein powder
- 1 cup (88g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (165g) chopped mango
- 4 tablespoons (30g) pistachio nuts
- In a blender, place the milk, banana, spinach and protein powder. Secure the lid and blend on high until smooth.
- Place the oats in a 4 cup (1L) storage tub and pour the spinach mixture over them. Stir to mix, then cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.