Our shortcut version of Spain’s beloved romesco sauce boasts all the smoky flavor of the original with a fraction of the prep time. Gluten Free? Use the cauliflower gnocchi!
- 1 (16-oz.) pkg. whole-wheat potato gnocchi
- 1 (5-oz.) pkg. baby spinach
- 1 1/2 ounces Manchego cheese, grated (about 6 Tbsp.) and divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup smoked almonds
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1 baguette slice, torn (about 1/2 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain gnocchi; return to pan. Add spinach, 1/4 cup cheese, and 1 tablespoon olive oil; cover and let stand until spinach wilts, 2 to 3 minutes. Gently toss to combine.
- Pulse red peppers, almonds, tomato, baguette, vinegar, garlic, paprika, crushed red pepper, and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a food processor until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Divide gnocchi mixture among 5 bowls. Top evenly with sauce and remaining 2 tablespoons cheese.