Next time you feel like pizza, try out our tasty recipe using black beans, roasted pepper and chicken to bulk up the fibre and protein content.
- 250g (9oz) chicken breast fillet, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 x 100g (4oz) wholemeal pita breads
- 80g (3oz) no-added-salt tomato paste
- 60g (2oz) baby spinach leaves, plus extra to serve
- 2 small courgettes, peeled into thin ribbons
- 400g (14oz) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 150g (5oz) roasted capsicum, thinly sliced
- ½ cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F). Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Toss chicken in paprika to coat. Lightly spray a non-stick frying pan with olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until light golden.
- Place pita breads on prepared trays. Spread with tomato paste, then top evenly with spinach, courgettes, black beans, chicken, capsicum and cheese. Bake pizzas for 10–12 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, combine avocado and lime juice in a bowl. Season with black pepper. Top pizzas with avocado salsa and serve scattered with extra spinach.