In the heat of summer, nothing is as refreshing as gazpacho. Cool cucumber gazpacho with yogurt, cilantro, coriander and lime. Top this with shrimp or keep it vegetarian! So simple and tasty.
- 1/3 of a jalapeno, sliced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, plus more for garnish
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 english cucumber ( 12 ounces) sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1–2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- poached shrimp ( optional) drizzled with lime, olive oil, salt
- 1/2 cup cucumber- very finely diced
- 1 –2 tablespoons shallots- very finely diced
- 2 scallions ( or chives) – thinly sliced at a diaganol
- cilantro, finely chopped
- Lime zest
- micro greens or edible flowers ( coriander flowers, borage, nasturshims)
- 3 tablespoons sour cream, thinned with 1 tablespoon water
- Place first 12 ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Refrigerate until serving.
- Prep garnishes, finely dicing cucumber and shallot, slicing scallions.
- Mix sour cream and water in a small bowl.
- To serve, divide chilled soup among bowls.
- Spoon a large circle or half circle of thinned sour cream, then top with garnishes ( see photos) cucumber, shallots, scallions, cilantro and micro greens or edible flowers.
- Serve immediately.