This clumsy chilli fried mushrooms is vegan lunch idea that will keep you full for hours!
- Button mushrooms: 200g alternately you can use chestnut mushrooms chopped in half
- Green chilli: 1 split in half
- Spring onion: 3 thinly sliced
- Ginger: 1/2 T grated
- Pepper: 1 chopped in tiny cubes
- Tomato paste: 11/2 T
- Soya sauce: 1 T
- Chilli sauce: 1/2-1T
- Cornflour: 1/2 T
- Pepper: 1-1t
- Water: 1T + 2T+ 1/2 C
- Sesame oil to cook
- Salt to taste
- Cornflour: 3T
- Flour: 1 1/2T
- Chilli powder: 1 t
- Ginger powder: 1 t
- Salt: 1 t
- Water: unto 1/4th C
- Make a thick batter with all the listed ingredients. Add mushrooms and leave to marinate for 20 minutes. Deep fry in hot oil and keep aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan and add green chilli. spring onions, ginger and peppers. Stir fry and add tomato paste, soya sauce, chilli sauce and 2 T water.
- Make a mixture of cornflour and 1 T water and add it to the pan. Add pepper and salt and cook for a few minutes. Add 1/2 C water and bring to a simmer.
- Mix in fried mushrooms and garnish with spring greens