Say goodbye to boring pasta salad! Instead, serve chicken with an herby salad full of fresh summer veggies!
- 8 oz. orzo
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/4 c. white wine vinegar
- 2 small zucchini (about 4 ounces each), very thinly sliced
- 2 small yellow squash (about 4 ounces each), very thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. store-bought pesto or homemade
- 1/4 c. roasted almonds, chopped
- Prepare orzo per package directions. Drain well, then transfer to large bowl; toss with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining tablespoon oil in large skillet on medium. Season chicken with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes per side; transfer to plates.
- In another large bowl, whisk together vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add zucchini and squash and toss to combine. Let sit until orzo is done, at least 5 minutes.
- With slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to bowl with orzo, leaving vinegar in bowl, and toss to combine.
- Whisk pesto into vinegar, then drizzle over orzo and sprinkle with almonds. Serve with chicken.