Juicy watermelon is blended with fresh, fragrant basil, bright lime juice, water and sweet agave nectar. The finished beverage is a light, refreshing concoction perfect for a warm summer afternoon.
- 4 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, not packed
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar, plus more to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Taste the agua fresca to test the sweet-tart balance. If find the drink to be too sweet, add more lime juice and blend again. If you think the drink is too tart, add more agave nectar and blend again.
- To serve, pour Watermelon Basil Agua Fresca over ice and enjoy, If the drink sits, the water will eventually separate from the fruit puree. Simply stir to reincorporate.