This Toasted Coconut Smoothie is like pillows of golden sunshine! Sugar-free, it’s sweetened with date and bananas. Turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and vanilla give it a hint of the exotic. Vegan and healthy – a happy start to your morning!
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 banana
- juice of 1 orange (or sub the whole orange, or 1 cup pineapple)
- 3 Medjool dates (pitted)
- 2 teaspoons turmeric root (or 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric)
- 2 slices ginger ( 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen (optional, for allergies, not vegan)
- 1/2 cup nut milk
- 2 cups ice ( please don’t leave out!!!)
- Toast the coconut flakes in a dry skillet over medium-low heat until golden and fragrant. This is key.
- Place the banana, orange juice, dates, coconut, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, vanilla and nut milk in a blender and blend until smooth. Add the ice, one cup at a time and blend unti smooth.
- To get smoothie to mound up like the photo, add 1/2 cup more ice.
- Pour into a 16 ounce glass and top with toasted coconut.