When you’re in need of a quick, healthy snack (or sweet treat), these carrot cake bites are the perfect recipe! They require no cooking, are quick to make, slightly sweet and packed with healthy ingredients!
- 3 medium carrot
- 6 medium dates, Medjool
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 cup oats, dry
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
Add the carrots to the bowl of a food processor and process until finely ground. Transfer to a plate or bowl and return the bowl to the food processor base.
Add in dates and pecans and process until combined. Return the carrots to the food processor and add in the remaining ingredients.
Process until a dough forms and you can roll them easily into balls. If the mixture is too wet, add in a tablespoon or two of flaxseed meal (or more oats). Roll the mixture into balls and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
- These are a little softer than traditional energy bites due to the high water content in the raw carrots. I recommend keeping them in the fridge
- If nuts are an allergen in your house, you can swap in sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds for the pecans and sunflower butter/tahini for the nut butter
- If oats are a sensitivity, you can use your favorite flaked grain (quinoa flakes would be great here!)
- If you want a sweeter option, increase the number of dates, but you’ll also have to increase the amount of oats