This kale salad is such a great side dish. Even kale haters are surprised by the amazing flavor!
You have to really put some muscle into that kale massage, though–I’m talking deep tissue here. You want it soft and broken down. This also helps all those delicious salty and lemony flavors get into the kale.
- 2 bunches Lacinato kale (about 10 ounces), finely chopped
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cucumber, small dice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup pistachios
- 1 cup chopped hearts of palm
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Add the chopped kale to a large bowl. Add the fresh lemon juice, olive oil and salt and massage kale with your hands for 2-3 minutes until kale begins to soften.
- Add the cucumber, tomatoes, avocado, pistachios and hearts of palm. Add the red wine vinegar and toss everything until well combined.
Serve kale salad as a side dish with grilled swordfish.