This Greek Lentil Salad is a must-make for a healthy, light dinner or an easy side dish! With protein-packed lentils, tomatoes, feta, cucumbers and mint, this easy-to-make salad will be on repeat this summer!
- 1 cup green or brown lentils, picked through and rinsed
- 2 cups water or broth, more as needed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 red pepper, diced
- ½ red onion, diced fine
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup fresh herbs (mint, parsley, basil are our favorite picks here)
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To cook lentils: Add lentils, and water to a medium pot. Turn on heat and bring lentils to a rolling boil. Once boiling, cover and reduce heat to let simmer gently for 20-30 minutes until lentils are tender but not mushy. Occasionally check lentils to see if the water has evaporated, adding more water as needed. Remove from heat and strain lentils.
- Once strained, add 1 teaspoon salt to lentils to season them. Let lentils chill overnight in the refrigerator, or place on a sheet pan and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes and in the refrigerator for another 10 minutes, until lentils are well chilled.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix together. Season to taste.
- Greek lentil salad is best served on the day it is made, but will keep for up to 3 days.