A healthy, easy, and creamy Carrot Ginger Soup loaded with delicious roasted carrots, fresh ginger, and bold flavors! This soup is guaranteed to be a favorite!
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large yellow onion, thickly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or lite coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- Extra coconut milk, chopped cilantro and chopped peanuts, for garnish, optional
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the carrots, onion, and garlic cloves on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss until vegetables are well coated. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Roast for 30 to 45 minutes, stirring half way through, or until the carrots are tender. Remove from the oven. Peel the roasted garlic cloves.
Place the carrots, onion, and garlic in a blender. Add the vegetable broth, ginger, coconut milk, and orange juice. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
Pour the soup into bowls and garnish with a drizzle of coconut milk, cilantro, and chopped peanuts, if desired. Serve warm.
- If you like a thinner soup, you can add more broth or coconut milk until desired consistency is reached.