Easy Lemon Herb Baked Chicken Breast is a quick meal that is healthy and oh so delicious! It is perfect for busy schedules or just because it is so good!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large lemon thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley (optional)
Place chicken breasts in a gallon-size resealable plastic bag. Pour in lemon juice, olive oil, lemon pepper, basil, oregano, and salt. Shake it a bit so that all the chicken gets covered.
Let marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and place in a 9×13 pan. Discard any remaining marinade. Place lemon slices on top.
Cook chicken for 18-20 minutes, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Serve hot. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley (optional)
- If you want to add a little color to your chicken breast, once they are done baking, switch the setting on your oven to broil. Allow the chicken to broil for 2 to 3 minutes until lightly browned.