These Paleo and Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes are moist, rich and heavy on the chocolate flavor and simply delicious! These simple-to-make cupcakes are a bit on the healthier side because they are dairy-free, made primarily with almond flour, and contain no added sugars.
- 2 cups (200 grams) almond flour
- ½ cup (48 grams) cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons (21 grams) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon espresso powder
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (we use almond)
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF and line a muffin tin with parchment paper liners.
- Whisk together almond flour, cocoa, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt and espresso in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together eggs, coconut sugar, milk, avocado oil and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk to combine completely.
- Divide batter evenly between 12 cupcake liners.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 18-20 minutes minutes, or until a toothpick inserted and removed is clean of any wet cake batter.
- Let cupcakes cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing and cooling completely on a wire rack. Let cool completely before frosting.
- Frost with this paleo frosting, this chocolate buttercream frosting or this vanilla buttercream frosting.