Eat fresh foods depending upon the season. This citrus salad is full with antioxidants and Vitamin C, and it’s easy to make!
- 3 navel oranges
- 3 cara cara oranges
- 2 minneola oranges
- 3 mandarin oranges
- 1 blood orange
- 1/2 fennel bulb very thinly sliced
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 shallot peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- Reserved fennel fronds
- Slice the peels off of the citrus and place in a bowl or on a serving plate. Layer with thinly slivered fennel slices. Add avocado slices and shallot slivers.
- In a small bowl, slowly whisk the olive oil into the champagne vinegar until emulsified. Add the honey and whisk to mix. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over the salad and season with more kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Top with reserved fennel fronds and mint leaves.