Made with a dairy free enchilada cashew cream, these Bacon Enchilada Jalapeño Poppers are the perfect party appetizer made with only 5 ingredients! A quick and easy dish that’s perfect for summer get togethers and game day.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the tops off each jalapeño and cut in half. Using a spoon, scrape out the seeds and white membrane.
- Drain the cashews and pour into a food processor. Add the enchilada sauce and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Scoop roughly 1 1/2 teaspoons of the cashew cream into each jalapeño half and top with a slice of avocado.
- Gently wrap a piece of bacon around the jalapeño, securing with a toothpick if desired (not necessary). For smaller jalapeños, slice the bacon in half instead of using a whole strip to wrap.
- Place the bacon jalapeños on a cooling wrack and place on top of a baking sheet to catch excess bacon grease.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- If desired, top with a dollop of sour cream once cooled.