It’s a really simple enchilada sauce to make, you may even have have everything you need in your pantry already, plus it only takes 10 minutes!
- 3 tablespoons ghee, grass-fed butter, or unflavored coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 7 ounces tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Melt the ghee in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the arrowroot powder and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining spices stir for 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the tomato paste and chicken stock, and whisk until smooth. Simmer for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.