Green smoothies don’t have to taste bitter or too virtuous as this delicious green smoothie recipe proves. Made with an added few extras this healthy drink is the perfect way to start the morning and will give you a real energy boost thanks to lots of lovely green veggies.
For our green smoothie recipe we’ve used ingredients that pack in plenty of nutrients. This is so you get the most from your drink while making sure everything tastes good too!
Vitamin rich spinach and kiwi mean this green smoothie recipe is full of nutrients like vitamin C and vitamin K as well as antioxidants. Plus you can rely on spinach to boost your daily iron and magnesium intake too.
Creamy low-fat yogurt gives this green smoothie recipe a rich, smooth texture. Meanwhile, the spoonful of almond butter adds a hit of protein to help you stay feeling full all morning long.
- 125ml water
- 2tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- 1 large handful of baby spinach leaves
- 1 peeled and chopped kiwi
- flesh of 1/2 a peeled and chopped orange
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1tbsp of almond butter
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Divide between 2 cups and top with blackberries, if desired.