Tuna stuffed bell peppers are healthy, delicious and a great meal option. Add some rice and mixed vegetables for full flavor!
Tuna is very healthy as it contains omega-3 fats, which help reduce cholesterol and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- 6 red bell peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 1/2 cups cooked Long Grain White Rice
- 2 cans Tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 can Mixed Vegetable (optional)
- 1 dash Caribbean Traditions Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Put peppers into a large pot with just enough salted water to cover; bring to a boil and cook until the peppers are just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain peppers thoroughly.
Arrange peppers into a shallow baking dish with cavity-side up.
- Mix rice, tuna, celery, onion, and black pepper together in a bowl; add mayonnaise and stir to coat. Spoon the rice mixture into the bell peppers. Pour water into the baking dish around the stuffed peppers.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve and enjoy!