A Keto approved, gluten free recipe for skinless and boneless chicken breasts.
- 1 pound 500g chicken breasts, (2 large breasts)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 eggs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup almond flour, (not almond meal)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Chicken: Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally to make 4 fillets. Generously season with Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Egg Wash: In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, garlic and Italian seasoning. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place chicken in the egg wash and set aside to let marinate.
- Coating: Combine the parmesan cheese and almond flour in a separate shallow bowl.
- Using a fork or tongs, pick up one of the chicken breast pieces and allow excess egg wash to drip off. Dredge in the parmesan mixture, pressing chicken lightly into the coating with the back of the fork, then turn and repeat. Shake off excess coating and repeat with remaining chicken pieces.
- Heat oil and butter in a large NON-STICK skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry 2 chicken pieces at a time UNTOUCHED for (about 4 minutes). Do not move chicken around as the coating may peel off of the surface of the chicken before it gets a chance to stick!
- Once the coating is crispy, golden and set, flip and continue frying on other side until golden and cooked through.
- Repeat with remaining chicken breast.
- Tips: To check if your chicken is golden on the underside, give it a gentle push with a spatula after 3 minutes of cooking. If it moves or slides in the grease, use nonstick tongs to lift a corner of the breast to check. If golden, flip and repeat.
To make ahead:*If time allows, marinate chicken overnight in the egg wash for a deeper flavour. Cover with wrap and refrigerate, then take it out at least 15 minutes before cooking to help get the chill out.
- You CAN totally air fry your chicken!
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Spray uncooked crumbed chicken all over with olive oil spray.
- Place two chicken breasts in air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook for 7 minutes.
Flip the chicken breasts over and air fry for a further 3-4 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
Set aside and repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Serve: Serve with our popular buttery cauliflower mash for the ultimate low carb meal!