This spicy thai green curry pea soup is also vegan, flavourful and creamy. It only requires a handful of ingredients! It’s warming and perfect pottage for a quick lunch or dinner!
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 cups frozen peas
- 2 tbsp thai green curry paste*
- 1 tin / 400ml full fat coconut milk
- 400ml water
- 1 lime
- 2 green chillis
- Handful of fresh coriander
- Handful of coconut flakes
- 4 tbsp Coconut milk/vegan cream
- Finely cop the onion and fry in a large saucepan with some oil. After a few minutes, add the crushed garlic and fry for a further couple of minutes until soft.
- Next add the peas, green curry paste, coconut milk and water (fill up the empty coconut milk tin with water and add).
- Bring this to a gentle simmer and leave for about 5 minutes until hot.
- Using a hand blender or food processor blitz until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper and add the juice of the lime. If you find that it is too spicy add some extra coconut milk.
- Serve and top with some fresh green chilli, coriander, coconut flakes and drizzle of coconut milk or vegan cream.
- The soup will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days or you can freeze it.