This light and healthy vegetarian pasta dish is perfect for lunch or a midweek family dinner. It’s topped with crispy garlic breadcrumbs and ready in just 15 minutes.
- 350g spaghetti
- 450g frozen peas
- 1 ciabatta roll
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 15g fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 50g spring onions, sliced
- 120g Creamfields soft cheese
- Cook the spaghetti to pack instructions, adding the peas for the last 3 mins. Drain well, reserving 150ml of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, blitz the roll in a food processor to make breadcrumbs. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the garlic for 1 min, then add the breadcrumbs. Toast for 3-4 mins, stirring frequently, until crunchy. Stir in the lemon zest and half the parsley; season, then transfer to a bowl and leave to cool.
- Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan over a medium heat and fry the spring onions for 2-3 mins until soft. Add the soft cheese and 100ml of the reserved pasta water and stir well. Leave to bubble for 2 mins.
- Toss the pasta and peas into the creamy sauce, then stir in the lemon juice and remaining parsley. Add a splash more of the reserved pasta water if you prefer a thinner sauce. Season, then serve with the lemony crumbs scattered over the top.