This slow cooker chicken chili is a recipe for a family get together! Crowd-friendly chili lunch will melt in your mouth and impress everyone.
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- 1 green bell pepper, diced small
- 3 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1 (15-oz.) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-oz.) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Assorted toppings, such as sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and sliced scallions
- Cook the ground ground chicken in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through. Transfer the ground chicken into the slow cooker.
- To the chicken, add the onion, pepper, garlic, kidney beans, pinto beans, tomato sauce, tomato paste, unsweetened cocoa powder, cumin, smoked paprika, coriander, oregano, and chili powder. Stir everything together, and then add the chicken broth to the slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook the chili on LOW for 8 hours, or on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Serve the chili with assorted toppings.