Make these delicious skinny “buns” egg sandwiches for breakfast! Loaded with nutrients, protein and satisfying healthy fats…all ready in about 10 minutes!
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 2-3 Tbsp. water
- 1 small avocado, lightly mashed
- 2-3 slices nitrate-free bacon, cooked
- 2 Tbsps shredded cheese
- coconut or avocado oil cooking spray
- Place a medium nonstick pan over medium heat, then arrange inside 4 mason jar lids (centers removed).
- Lightly spray with cooking spray. Very gently crack eggs into the centers of the lids and lightly whisk with a fork to break up the yolk.
- Pour water around the lids and cover the pan. Cook on low heat for about 3-4 minutes, or until the egg is just set.
- Remove lid and top eggs with cheese if you like.
- Cook until the cheese is slightly melted, about 1 minute more.
- Gently flip the egg “bun” side without the cheese onto the plate. Top with mashed avocado and cooked bacon.
Assemble as shown, and enjoy!