This healthy smoothie is a great breakfast option, packed with proteins and vitamins to energize you and keep you full, and spiked with low-acid cold-brew coffee to perk you up.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup cold-brewed coffee concentrate
- 1 scoop whey or other natural protein powder
- 1 tablespoon no-sugar-added almond butter or other nut butter
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup, or to taste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon flax or chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon maca powder (optional)
- large handful of fresh or frozen kale, spinach, romaine lettuce leaves, or other greens, torn into pieces if using fresh
- handful of ice cubes
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Divide between 2 cups and top with blackberries, if desired.