On a hot summer day there is not better refreshment than pineapple salsa. This fruity salsa brightens up this simple grilled chicken.
- Juice of 4 limes, divided
- 1/4 c. plus 1 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grill
- 2 tsp. honey
- Kosher salt
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 c. chopped pineapple
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Make marinade: In a large bowl, whisk together juice of 3 limes, 1/4 cup cilantro, oil, and honey and season with salt.
- Add chicken to a large resealable plastic bag and pour in marinade. Let marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours, or up to overnight.
- When ready to grill, heat grill to high. Oil grates and grill chicken until charred and cooked through, 8 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together pineapple, avocado, red onion, remaining lime juice, and remaining tablespoon cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon salsa over chicken before serving.