This is moist and delicious keto zucchini bread. It’s slightly sweet, packed with hidden veggies, and topped with crunchy walnuts. Yum!
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup erythritol sweetener, like Swerve
- 5 eggs large
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ½ c chopped walnuts
- 2 cups (8oz) grated zucchini, excess water removed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9″x5″ loaf pan, and line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sweetener together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix well to combine. Stir in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, xanthan gum, and salt. Break up any lumps of almond flour or coconut flour.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir to combine. (Optionally, add up to 1/2 cup of mix-ins, like chopped nuts or chocolate chips.)
- Add the grated zucchini, and fold it in gently.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 – 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- If the bread is browning too quickly, you can cover the pan with a piece of aluminum foil.
- A note about macros: The nutrition information provided as a courtesy was calculated with My Fitness Pal with the recommended brands and ingredients. All brands are different, so please verify the macros with your specific ingredients to ensure accuracy.
- Want to add cream cheese frosting? Beat 4oz of softened cream cheese, 2oz of softened butter, and 1/2 cup of powdered Swerve together in an electric mixer. Add a tsp of vanilla and a pinch of salt to taste. This will make a little less than 1 cup of frosting.
- Want some chocolate chips? Feel free to add 1/2 cup of mix-ins to the batter before baking.
- Want zucchini bread muffins instead? Divide the batter into greased muffin tins. Be sure to reduce the baking time.
- Did it turn out too wet? Make sure you are measuring all ingredients correctly. You only need two loosely packed cups of grated zucchini. Measure before you squeeze the water out, because squeezing will compress the zucchini and you’ll get an inaccurate measurement.