A healthy alternative to traditional cobbler. This No Added Sugar Pear Cobbler is the perfect easy, healthy dessert to make for the holidays or when your next sweet craving strikes.
- 4 cups (around 3 large) fresh pears cut into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice (optional)
- 1/2 cup mixed unsalted nuts
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup granola
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted (or 3 tablespoons avocado oil)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a shallow pie dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pears with lemon juice, flour, chia seeds, cinnamon, salt (and pumpkin spice, if desired). Stir in nuts.
- Place pear mixture evenly into pie dish.
- In a small bowl mix the granola with melted butter.
- Top the pear mixture evenly with granola mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for around 45 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Serve cobbler when warm in individual dessert bowls and top with a scoop of frozen yogurt or vanilla ice cream, if desired.