This Creamy Vegan Polenta with Mushrooms, Spinach and Pine nuts makes an easy gluten-free lunch or dinner which is plant-based, healthy and ready in only 15 minutes. It’s also perfect as side dish and you can serve it with any vegetables you like.
- 1 cup palenta (150g)
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk (200 ml)
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable broth (300 ml)
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes or vegan parmesan cheese (optional)
Mushroom Spinach Topping
- 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 7 oz mushrooms (200 g) sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cupes spinach
- salt, black pepper
- 2-3 tbsp pine nuts
- Bring coconut milk and vegetable broth to a boil in a pot. Stir in polenta by using a whisk.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and continue to whisk for 1–2 min to avoid lumps.
- Then cover and let simmer for about 10 min, stirring occasionally.
- Once the polenta is creamy and smooth, remove from the stovetop. Add nutritional yeast or vegan parmesan stir (optional),
Mushroom Spinach Topping:
- Heat oil in a skillet or pan. Add mushrooms along with onions and fry about 3 minutes on high heat or until beginning to get golden-brown.
- Add minced garlic and roast for 30 sec longer. Than add soy sauce and spinach and cook for 1-2 min or until spinach is wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add a splash of fresh lime juice, if you like.
- Toast pine nuts in a small pan without oil until lightly browned.
- Serve polenta with mushrooms, spinach and pine nuts. Enjoy!