This is the kind of ice cream you can eat everyday. So don’t give up on ice cream being a part of a healthy diet. Try reaching for this healthy chocolate avocado ice cream recipe instead. It’s perfect summer dessert made for whole foods and ready in 5 minutes or less.
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 avocado, peeled and frozen*
- 2 tbsp raw cacao (or feel free to use cocoa powder)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- optional: mint extract, coconut flakes, chocolate chips, peanut butter etc…
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until broken down and ice cream consistency is reached. You will need to scrape down sides on occasion.
- Feel free to add in optional add-ins at this point.
- Will take around 2-5 minutes to reach desired consistency.