A quick-cooking whole grain, bulgur is perfect for time-crunched weeknight cooking. If you can’t find it on the grains aisle, you can substitute quinoa or whole-wheat couscous.
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup bulgur
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound chicken breast cutlets
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups packed arugula
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Bring 1 1/3 cups water and bulgur to a boil in a small saucepan over high. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 10 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain well; let dry on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill pan coated with cooking spray over high. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Grill chicken, turning occasionally, until done, 6 to 7 minutes. Remove to a cutting board. Let stand 3 minutes. Slice against the grain into strips.
- Place bulgur, arugula, tomatoes, and peaches in a large bowl. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, oil, and vinegar; toss to coat. Divide mixture among 4 plates; top evenly with chicken.