Carrots, buckwheat flour, egg, and some seasoning is all you need to make these SUPER simple 4 ingredient healthy carrot fritters! This is the perfect recipe for using up a couple of those sad old carrots you might have lurking in the fridge.
- 2 large carrots 150-180 grams
- 3 tbsp buckwheat flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- salt and pepper to season
- coconut oil or virgin olive oil for frying
Grate the carrots and place in a large bowl. Add in buckwheat flour, salt, pepper, dried parsley and egg. Combine thoroughly; it should form a thick lumpy mixture.
Heat a fry pan to a medium heat and add 2 tsp olive oil or coconut oil.
Scoop generous heaped tablespoons of the mixture into the pan and flatten into fritter shapes. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side. If they start to burn too quickly, reduce the heat.
Repeat with the remaining batter until done, adding a little extra oil to the pan as necessary. The oil helps to add flavour and a slight crispness to the fritters.
Serve and enjoy! Rate our recipe if you liked it!
- the dried parsley is just a suggestion for seasoning. You could also try (i) a teaspoon of ground cumin or coriander, (ii) chilli flakes, (iii) finely chopped fresh coriander or fresh parsley, (iii) turmeric.
- I’m sure you could probably substitute another GF flour for the buckwheat flour here – I just love buckwheat and always have it on hand. Alternatives might be brown rice flour, teff flour or just a plain GF flour blend.