Perfectly creamy and packed with spice and flavor, this Buffalo Chicken Dip is so ridiculously tasty that you’d never guess it’s Paleo, Whole30 compliant, dairy-free, and keto friendly! Use as a dip for veggies, tostones, or as a topping for sweet potato toast or a baked potato to make it a full meal!
- 1 1/4 lb chicken tenders or boneless skinless breasts*
- 1 tbsp olive oil Plus sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp ghee or other cooking fat
- 2/3 cup homemade mayo or purchased paleo mayo
- 2/3 cup coconut cream this is the thick part of a chilled can of coconut milk, you can also purchase it separately.
- 1 tbsp brown mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place chicken on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 15-20 mins until cooked though, remove from oven and set aside to cool. Lower oven temp to 350 F.
- Meanwhile, heat a small skillet over med heat and add the ghee. Sautée the onions until soft, then add the garlic and cook, stirring until just softened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mayo, coconut cream, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, dill, paprika, hot sauce and lemon juice until smooth. Shred your chicken breasts, then add them to the mixture along with the cooked onions and garlic.
- Stir to combine, then transfer to a small casserole dish and bake in the preheated oven (350) for 20-25 minutes until the outer edges bubble and dip is heated through. Serve warm with veggies, tostones or homemade plantain chips, or over a baked potato or sweet potato for a meal.
- Serve and enjoy! Rate the recipe if you like it!
*If you already have cooked chicken, skip the first step of cooking the chicken. This recipe uses about 2 1/2-3 cups cooked shredded chicken