In this recipe sweet potatoes are roasted in a bit of olive oil and italian spices in the oven and served with a dairy-free yogurt dip that’s been broken down with some bright herbs, tahini, and lemon juice. It’s the perfect snack to sit and watch a movie with, as a holiday snack, or appetizer!
Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges:
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, or arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
Green Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 cup unsweetened cultured coconut yogurt (or greek yogurt if you don’t need to be dairy-free)
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place wedges and cornstarch (or arrowroot) in a large plastic bag and toss to coat evenly. transfer the wedges to a large bowl and add the olive oil, italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. spread the wedges into a single layer on your prepared baking sheet. bake for 30-35 minutes, stopping halfway through to flip them over, until the edges are browned.
- While the potatoes are baking, make the sauce. combine all the sauce ingredients in an upright blender or food processor until well chopped and sauce is green in color.
- Serve the potatoes warm with the sauce on the side.