Spinach and parmesan turn your ordinary chicken breast into a dinner party-worthy dish.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 2 tbsp. lemon zest, plus 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 c. finely grated Parmesan
- 32 baby spinach leaves
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 pt. grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Heat oven to 450ºF. Pound chicken breasts into thin cutlets. In small bowl, combine garlic, lemon zest, and Parmesan. Lay 8 spinach leaves on each chicken cutlet, then sprinkle garlic mixture on top. Roll chicken up and secure with a toothpick (place toothpick in parallel to seam to make turning roulades easier). Season chicken with 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in large ovenproof skillet on medium-high. Carefully add roulades, seam side down, and cook, turning until browned on all sides, 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer to oven and bake until cooked through, 8 to 9 minutes more. Drizzle lemon juice on roulades.
- While chicken roasts, toss together tomatoes, onion, red wine vinegar, remaining 2 Tbsp oil, and 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper. Serve with chicken.