- 1 Lb Italian Sausage
- 4 Egg whites
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 Cup Reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 2/3 Cup Parmesan cheese, packed (2.5 oz)
- 1/4 Cup Pesto sauce, of choice
- 1/4 Cup Roasted red pepper, sliced
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 4 tsp Pine nuts, minced
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Pre heat your oven to 400 degrees and spray an 8×8 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Heat a medium pan on medium heat and cook the sausage, stirring frequently, until golden brown. Once cooked, drain off excess fat and spread it into the bottom of the pan.
- Whisk all remaining ingredients, except the pine nuts and basil, together in a large bowl. Pour over the sausage.
- Bake until the eggs puff up and feel set, about 30-35 minutes.
- Garnish with the pine nuts and basil and serve!
- Enjoy and rate the recipe!